Well, I was certainly surprised to be nominated for a Liebster Award by Jessica, who has a wonderful blog called Unmeasured Journeys that is definitely worth a visit. I enjoy stopping by to read her posts because they are always brimming with positivity and the joy found in the little, everyday things. Please click on the link to see what she’s been up to lately! Thank you so much, Jessica, for the nomination, I didn’t even know there were blogging awards! Your nomination made my day.
The guidelines are:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with under 200 followers.
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Jessica’s questions :
- Light or dark chocolate? Milk chocolate
- Sunrise or sunset? Sunrise. The world is so peaceful in the mornings.
- City streets or country roads? Country roads, for sure.
- Homemade casserole or 5 course meal? Hard to say… both have their merits.
- A dozen roses or an armful of wildflowers? Wild flowers
- Favorite color? Bright, vibrant pink
- Most loved season? Spring, because so much is happening as the world wakes up, and summer because I love the long lazy days of summer vacation!
- Cream pie or fruit pie? Fruit. Blackberry is the best, but I have a lot of favourites!
- Favorite song? Humble and Kind, by Tim McGraw
- Swim in a creek or swim in a pool? A lake is my preference.
- What’s one kind thing someone has done for you? There have been so many things, the world is full of kind people. One that stands out, because it’s recent and ongoing, is a lovely colleague who has a sincere and enthusiastic good morning and some little compliment, almost every day. You’re amazing, Anita!
Eleven random facts about me:
- I like to be the first person up in the morning to enjoy the relative quiet and reflect on the day. We a lot of pets, so it’s not entirely quiet and peaceful, but I still like it.
- I have a lifelong love of baking, and yeast baking is my favourite.
- I love to garden, but every year I end up biting off more than I can chew… each year gets a bit better, though. I’m learning!
- I started my blog because I am getting so many cookbooks they are threatening to take over my house. I thought that writing about them, and trying some of their recipes would help me get to know each book better. And it has.
- I love to knit. I have more yarn that I’m likely to be able to knit in my lifetime, but this is normal.
- I work in an elementary life skills class, one on one, with high needs children. I love my job!
- I don’t like the sound of rain on the roof. Please don’t judge me!
- The farthest I’ve ever lived from the ocean is about a 15 minute drive. I currently live a ten minute walk away, and can see the water from my kitchen window.
- I am an introvert. INFP, for those of you who do Meyers-Briggs.
- I am typing this with a very lovey beagle draped across my lap.
- My decorating style could best be described as eclectic chaos.
The blogs I want to nominate are:
- The Spatularette
- Life Recreated
- McCallum Vintage Recipe Divas
- DIY Home & Garden
- Crafty Capers
- Grandma’s Leftovers
- Happily Mrs.
- Views from my Garden Bench
- A Lively Experiment
- Cooking up the Archives
My questions for the nominees to answer:
- What is one thing that makes you happy?
- Who is your favourite author?
- Does pineapple belong on pizza?
- Why do you love your favourite article of clothing?
- Do you have a green thumb?
- Do you wear lipstick every day?
- What makes you laugh?
- Do you prefer the beach or the forest?
- Cat or dog person?
- Where is one place you’d like to travel to?
- What is the most important thing for us to know about you?
I look forward to reading everyone’s answers, and I hope you are as pleased to be nominated for the award as I was!